When I notice team members watching the clock waiting for the time when they can go home, I know it’s a problem.
It’s not that I want people to be working longer and harder than they need to.
But ideally, we want people to enjoy what they do and feel motivated to achieve it, to the point that they feel accountable and take more ownership.
This might mean working longer to finish something important one day, and leaving earlier the next. After all, it should be about outcomes, not hours.
In this episode, I look at some of the common reasons for clock watching, and some ideas to help you solve it.
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
>>> Click here to leave a review on Apple Podcasts.
>>> Click here to leave a rating on Spotify.
Apply For Your Complimentary Coaching Session
I invite you to a complimentary Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
There is no obligation to pursue further coaching after this session - but many people do!
>>> Click here to apply for your complimentary coaching session.
- Article: How to Solve Clock Watching at Work.
- Article: Meaningful Work, the #1 Motivator (and How to Provide it in Your Team).
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #29: 5 Questions to Ask an Unmotivated Team Member.
- Article: Leading High Performers? Try These Strategies.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #161: How to Improve Accountability In Your Team.
- Article: Can’t Hold People Accountable? Here’s Why.
- Article: 4 Ways Leaders Damage Accountability in the Workplace.
- Online Course: Team Accountability Builder Online Course.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #167: People Unfulfilled at Work? Try These Ideas.
Leave A Comment