Creating Better Workplaces – One Leader at a Time.
Hi, I’m Ben Brearley. I believe that the quality of leadership in our workplaces is the most important factor in creating productive, effective and enjoyable places to work.
I’m here to help you improve your leadership skills and build your confidence to lead your teams more effectively.
Because that’s how work gets better – one Thoughtful Leader at a time.
Join the Thoughtful Leader Community.
The Thoughtful Leader Community Forum is a great place for leaders like you to share information and discuss ideas to overcome your leadership challenges and improve your team.
The forum is completely free – sign up for an account and start a leadership conversation today by clicking the button below.
Leadership Coaching Services
If you need help from an independent coach who can help you see things differently, change your mindset, help you overcome your challenges and achieve your goals, my leadership coaching services will be perfect for you.
I don’t offer generic advice because every leader, workplace and team is different. I find out what’s challenging you, we set goals and then implement a plan to achieve them.
If you’re interested in Leadership Coaching, click the button below to learn more.
The Leadership Confidence Coaching Program.
The Leadership Confidence Coaching Program is perfect for leaders and managers who want to build resilience and feel more comfortable and confident in leading their teams and handling difficult workplace situations.
You can be a more confident leader, take workplace challenges in your stride and set an example for the people around you. This 6-week Program contains a combination of online modules and individual coaching sessions which will help you build your confidence.
Time Management for Leaders: The Online Course
As a leader, you are in a difficult position, often struggling to get all your work done and support your team at the same time.
If you feel like you’re always fire-fighting instead of being an effective leader, then the Time Management for Leaders Online Course can help you.
Enrol in this course and you will walk away with actionable, practical strategies to manage your time better and become a more effective leader.
Click the button below to learn more about the course and enrol today.
I Want to Learn More About…
There are a million job interview questions you could ask potential new candidates for your team. One part of interviewing involves asking role-specific questions about [...]
Leadership behaviour is one of the most important factors influencing the culture of our organisations. Sure, one bad team member can create an unpleasant working [...]
Recent Podcast Episodes
- How Team Alignment Will Help You Get On (and Stay On) the Right TrackBen Brearley2020-05-20T07:29:34+08:00
- How to Feel In Control Without Being a Controlling BossBen Brearley2020-04-26T11:11:53+08:00
- How to Deal With Uncertainty – Working “In the Grey”Ben Brearley2020-04-20T06:55:19+08:00
- “I Don’t Have Time” – Taking Back Control of Your LeadershipBen Brearley2020-04-19T11:47:45+08:00
- Why Formal Authority Won’t Solve Your Leadership ProblemsBen Brearley2020-04-19T11:50:11+08:00
- Episode 60: High Performers? Or Just Acting Like It?Ben Brearley2020-03-15T08:48:51+08:00
- Episode 59 – The Middle-Management Conundrum – When You Disagree With Senior Management DirectionBen Brearley2020-03-08T19:08:23+08:00
- Episode 58 – Why Leaders Should Do More Planning (and Why They Don’t)Ben Brearley2020-03-01T09:11:41+08:00
- Episode 57 – Employee Wellbeing: Is it Important Or Are We Just Ticking a Box?Ben Brearley2020-02-26T07:16:12+08:00
- Episode 56 – Why Thoughtful Leaders Need the Most ConfidenceBen Brearley2020-02-18T06:39:40+08:00
- Episode 55 – The Importance of Consequences for an Effective WorkplaceBen Brearley2020-02-12T06:53:57+08:00
- Episode 54 – Are You a Valuable Leader? The Fine Line Between Hurting and Helping Your TeamBen Brearley2020-02-05T06:53:13+08:00
- Episode 53 – Why Trusting Your People Is Your Best StrategyBen Brearley2020-01-29T06:10:56+08:00
- Episode 52 – Is a Productivity Problem Hurting Your Leadership?Ben Brearley2020-01-20T19:25:06+08:00
- Episode 50 – Are You Avoiding a Difficult Conversation?Ben Brearley2020-01-12T17:54:56+08:00
- Episode 49 – Employee Retention: More Than Stopping People QuittingBen Brearley2020-01-12T17:55:08+08:00
- Episode 47 – Why Building Your Team’s Confidence Should Be a PriorityBen Brearley2020-01-12T17:55:28+08:00
- Episode 44 – Directive Leadership… What It Is and When You Should Use ItBen Brearley2020-01-12T17:59:01+08:00
- Episode 43 – Is a Fear of Leaving Your Job Making You a Worse Leader?Ben Brearley2020-01-12T17:59:19+08:00
- Episode 42 – Moving Your People Along the Motivation SpectrumBen Brearley2020-01-12T17:59:36+08:00
- Episode 41 – Limiting Beliefs That Ruin Your EffectivenessBen Brearley2020-01-12T17:59:51+08:00
- Episode 39 – Work Time-Wasters That Create Unhappy TeamsBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:00:30+08:00
- Episode 38 – Leadership Assumptions That Ruin MotivationBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:00:42+08:00
- Episode 37 – Communication Mistakes That Will Damage Your LeadershipBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:00:55+08:00
- Episode 36 – How Confident Leadership Will Help Your Team ThriveBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:01:07+08:00
- Episode 35 – How to Create Open Communication in Your TeamBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:01:19+08:00
- How Toxic Workplaces Happen (and what you can do about it)Ben Brearley2020-05-09T07:53:36+08:00
- Episode 33 – Employee Turnover: Why It’s Good and When You Should WorryBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:01:44+08:00
- Episode 32 – Why You Can’t Hold Your Team AccountableBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:01:56+08:00
- Episode 30 – Using Work Pressure to Improve Team PerformanceBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:05:13+08:00
- Episode 29 – 5 Questions to Ask an Unmotivated Team MemberBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:05:32+08:00
- Episode 28 – Why Softly Spoken Leaders Make a Big ImpactBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:05:47+08:00
- Episode 27 – Why Your Team Won’t Speak Up (and Why You Need Them to)Ben Brearley2020-01-12T18:05:59+08:00
- Episode 26 – How Better Time Management Will Help Your TeamBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:06:11+08:00
- Episode 25 – Everyone Is Stupid…Except for MY TeamBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:06:27+08:00
- Episode 22 – Self-Fulfilling Prophecy & LeadershipBen Brearley2020-01-12T18:08:30+08:00
- Episode 19 – The Best Way to Create Happy EmployeesBen Brearley2019-05-13T13:37:15+08:00
- Episode 17 – 10 Tips for Giving Effective FeedbackBen Brearley2019-05-06T07:05:01+08:00
- Episode 16 – 5 Personality Traits to Look For When HiringBen Brearley2019-04-30T07:00:14+08:00
- Episode 11 – Reducing Key Person Risk in Your TeamBen Brearley2019-03-25T20:29:03+08:00
- Episode 8 – Struggling at Work? Improve Your Working Relationship With Your BossBen Brearley2019-03-16T09:46:26+08:00
- Episode 7 – A Leader’s Greatest Tool – The Confidence to ChallengeBen Brearley2019-03-16T09:48:09+08:00
- Episode 5 – Getting Team Members to Contribute IdeasBen Brearley2019-03-16T09:48:22+08:00
- Episode 4 – Staying Motivated When You Don’t Feel Like ItBen Brearley2019-03-16T09:48:29+08:00