Many organisations seem to be trying to do too much, with too little. The list of “critical” initiatives and projects seems to keep getting bigger.
Committing to lots of priorities seems like a good idea. It looks good to say you’ll complete 100 initiatives this year. The problem is that in reality, it looks more like you’ll complete 20 of those initiatives. Often the pressure flows down hill. The senior leaders at the top set too many priorities, and then everyone else needs to deal with it.
So in this episode, I look at some of your options when you and your team are faced with too many priorities that you won’t be able to achieve.
Do you feel overwhelmed and disorganised? Try my Online Course.
That’s why I created the Time Management for Leaders Online Course, to help you focus on what matters, feel more organised and get your important work done.
The course is self-paced and contains tools and techniques to help you manage your workload, improve productivity and achieve the right outcomes for your team. Click here to learn more and enrol.
- Online Course: Time Management For Leaders Online Course.
- Good Book: The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team.
- Podcast: Episode 57 – Employee Wellbeing: Is it Important Or Are We Just Ticking a Box?
- Article: Too Many Priorities: What to Do When You’re Asked to Do It All.
- Article: Too Busy at Work? Try These 5 Things.
Leave A Comment