Leadership can be uncomfortable, especially when you’re worried that your team might not be able to deliver what you need.
Unfortunately, some leaders start to resort to controlling leadership, where they get deep into the detail of every aspect and start to want to know everything that’s happening, all of the time. Leaders in this situation might not delegate, instead trying to keep hold of the key aspects of the work for themselves.
This controlling approach doesn’t lead to a very good outcome for our teams. So in this episode, I provide some steps to try help you feel more comfortable that you’re in control, while also allowing your teams the space and autonomy to get their work done and stay motivated.
If you’re struggling with feelings of a lack of control, listen to this episode and hopefully it can help you!
- Article: How to Get Comfortable Without Controlling Leadership.
- Podcast Episode: Thoughtful Leader Podcast Episode 53: Why Trusting Your People Is Your Best Strategy
- Podcast Episode: Episode 58: Why Leaders Should Do More Planning (and Why They Don’t)
- Resource: The Motivating Your Team Audiobook.
- Resource: Hold Your Team Accountable eBook.