Being assertive is important in leadership, because it helps us to look out for our own needs and those of our team.
But it doesn’t come naturally to everyone, and we can fall into non-assertive habits.
In this episode, I take a look at some tips to appear more assertive, based on tweaking the language that we use.
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
Interested in working with me?
If you're interested in potentially working with me, I invite you to apply for a complimentary coaching call.
This can help you to:
- Understand more about how I coach
- Make progress on some of your key challenges; and
- Decide whether we're a good fit to work together.
I can't coach everyone who applies, but if you don't try, we'll never know!
- Thoughtful Leader Podcast #219: 4 Steps to Grow Your Leadership Confidence
- Article: 7 Things Leaders Should Stop Saying
- Article: Is Passive Leadership Destroying Your Team’s Motivation?