Company values have been around for years, but they can certainly attract a lot of cynicism.
If they are just a poster on the wall which nobody reads, they probably aren’t doing much good.
However, I think they can be valuable when you’re trying to get lots of people working in the same direction!
In this episode, I take a look at why many people don’t care about company values, and some ways that you might start to make them more useful for your team.
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
Interested in working with me?
If you're interested in potentially working with me, I invite you to apply for a complimentary coaching call.
This can help you to:
- Understand more about how I coach
- Make progress on some of your key challenges; and
- Decide whether we're a good fit to work together.
I can't coach everyone who applies, but if you don't try, we'll never know!
- Brene Brown values list: Brene Brown.
- James Clear values list: James Clear.
- “Built to Last” by Jim Collins and Jerry Porras: Built to Last.
- Podcast: Lead Better By Understanding Your Core Values.
- Article: Why Even Good Leaders Can Show a Lack of Integrity.
- Article: Seeing Negative Behaviour Patterns? Here’s How to Stop Them.
- Resources: Live Your Values Deck.
- Article: Why Team Purpose Matters.