It is fairly common knowledge now that providing people with more autonomy can drive big improvements in motivation.
However, it’s not as easy as it sounds.
Sometimes providing your team with more autonomy is daunting and frustrating.
In this episode, I take a look at some of the common traps and what we can do to avoid them.
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
Apply For Your Complimentary Coaching Session
I invite you to a complimentary Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
There is no obligation to pursue further coaching after this session - but many people do!
- Article: Struggling to Foster Autonomy In Your Team? Here’s Why.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #215: Why Autonomy Matters For Your People and How to Provide It.
- Article: Want to Build Empathy? Use the Iceberg Model.
- Article: Proactive vs Reactive Team Members: Make the Switch.
- Article: People Not Doing What You Want? Ask This Leadership Question.