Many people think that the boss is the most powerful person in a team.
While the boss certainly does have power, they probably aren’t the only one!
Sometimes power can come from different sources, not just your formal job title or position.
In this episode, I take a look at several sources of power that can impact teams, and some actions you can take if you think a power imbalance is impacting team performance.
Interested in working with me?
If you're interested in potentially working with me, I invite you to apply for a complimentary coaching call.
This can help you to:
- Understand more about how I coach
- Make progress on some of your key challenges; and
- Decide whether we're a good fit to work together.
I can't coach everyone who applies, but if you don't try, we'll never know!
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
- Article: Power Dynamics: Are They Impacting Your Team?
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #62: Why Having Authority Won’t Solve Your Leadership Problems.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #109: Stakeholder Management Tips to Make Your Leadership Life Easier.
- Article: Start Being Trustworthy For Your Team: Here’s How.