It’s nice to be a helpful leader, rather than being an obstacle or causing your team to do more work “managing” you.
However, all that helpfulness can go too far if we’re not careful.
Many good people leaders are motivated by supporting their people, so it’s easy to fall into the helpfulness trap.
In this episode, I take a look at three seemingly helpful actions that may actually be hurting your team.
Apply For Your Complimentary Coaching Session
I invite you to a complimentary Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
There is no obligation to pursue further coaching after this session - but many people do!
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
- Learn more about Project Coaching here.
- Article: 3 Helpful Leadership Actions That Are Hurting Your Team.
- Article: Too Many Priorities: What to Do When You’re Asked to Do It All.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #74: Want a More Proactive Team? Try These Things.
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #89: Ways You Might Be Reducing Accountability in Your Team.
- Article: Dangers of the “Open Door Policy” (and How to Avoid Them).