The “Open Door Policy” came about from the days where we actually had offices and doors.
However, it’s still a valuable concept today, to promote free-flowing communication between a leader and their people.
It’s not all roses though, there are some pitfalls that can occur if we aren’t careful.
In this episode, I take a look at some of the challenges that can occur with this approach and how you can overcome them.
Apply For Your Complimentary Coaching Session
I invite you to a complimentary Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
There is no obligation to pursue further coaching after this session - but many people do!
Like the Show? Please Leave a Review! ✅
If you like this episode or the show in general, please take a few minutes to leave a review by clicking one of the links below.
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
- Article: Dangers of the “Open Door Policy” (and How to Avoid Them)
- Article: Why Building Trust Is Better Than Authority.
- Article: How to Build Psychological Safety at Work.
- Article: Got a Needy Employee? Try These Strategies!
- Podcast: How to Make Your 1 to 1 Meetings Better.