Acknowledgement of the importance of mental health has grown steadily over the past few years.
In years past, we mainly used to focus on physical health and safety, with people often being expected to “toughen up” or “be more resilient” when placed under pressure and stress.
In this episode, I take a look at why leaders need to prioritise their mental health and wellbeing, and some simple steps you can take to help safeguard your mental health.
I’m not a medical professional, so I’m sharing some simple ideas about what has worked for me in my career, If you are struggling with mental health issues, then be sure to seek professional assistance.
- Join the Thoughtful Leader Membership – it opens soon and you can claim your discount for being an early bird member! Click here to learn more and register for the discount.
- Article: Why Good Mental Health is a Leader’s Best Friend.
- Article: Why Being Resilient Will Kill You.
- Mental Health Resources:
- Article: 4 Ways Leaders Can Build Empathy in the Workplace (and Why It Matters).
- Coaching: Interested in a complimentary coaching session? Click here to apply.