It’s natural for team members to need your support, but when it happens too often, it can be a real drag on your time.
However, it’s not useful to lay the blame at their feet.
Leadership behaviour is a major factor in how people behave, so the question should be asked – are you setting up the right conditions for your people to be self-sufficient?
In this episode, I look at some strategies to help your people fend for themselves rather than using you as a crutch to lean on.
Apply For Your Complimentary Coaching Session
I invite you to a complimentary Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
There is no obligation to pursue further coaching after this session - but many people do!
- Article: Got a Needy Employee? Try These Strategies!
- Article: Protective Leadership: Is It Holding Your Team Back?
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #40: Traps for Supportive Leaders.
- Article: Setting Boundaries at Work: Why It’s Crucial.
- Online Course: Team Accountability Builder.