Collaborative and inclusive leadership can be great when used in moderation. But what happens when leaders collaborate too much?
Many thoughtful leaders fall into the collaboration trap because they value the input and opinions of others. They care about giving people a chance to make their opinions count. This is generally a good thing… but it can come with some issues.
In this episode, I’ll cover the pitfalls of the collaborative and inclusive leadership style and look at some ways to avoid them in your leadership. After all, it’s good to be collaborative, but only when it serves you and your team, not when it creates bigger problems!
Book Your Discovery Coaching Session
I invite you to a 90-minute Discovery Coaching Session, where we will:
- Get clear on your most important goals and what is most important to you
- Identify blockers and limiting beliefs that are holding you back; and
- Develop key actions you can take to move forward and make progress.
You will leave the Discovery Coaching Session with a sense of clarity, purpose and practical steps to move you forward.
Like the Show? Leave a Review On Apple Podcasts ✅
👍 If you like this episode, please take a few minutes to leave a review on Apple Podcasts (Note: you have to scroll to the bottom to leave a review).
Your review really helps me to reach a wider audience of thoughtful leaders, so we can improve workplaces around the world. I appreciate you taking the time! 🙏
- Article: Collaborative Leadership: Are You Using It Too Much?
- Podcast: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #44: Directive Leadership: What It Is and When You Should Use It.
- Article: Thoughtful Leader Podcast #104: Why Leaders Must Set Boundaries at Work.
- Article: 4 Ways Leaders Damage Accountability in the Workplace.