Unfortunately, leaders are not having as many of these conversations as they need to be having!
Many leaders avoid tackling the hard conversations because of the discomfort and anxiety that comes from solving the hardest problems.
From performance discussions, to behavioural and hygiene issues, difficult conversations are critical for preventing your small problems from snowballing into large issues.
“Ben is very insightful about what actually takes place in the workplace. I find the leadership guides to be very useful and well written, at a reasonable price.”
– Adrian T, Canada, Manufacturing industry
This guide will help you to identify difficult conversations that you need to be having to move forward.
This guide also enables you to prepare for difficult conversations, including how to get your mindset right and handle the strong emotions that you may experience during a difficult conversation.
How this guide will help you
After reading this guide, you will be able to:
- Understand why difficult conversations are so important
- Identify the need for difficult conversations in your workplace or team
- Understand the different types of challenging conversations that you may need to have
- Prepare effectively for difficult conversations, including getting in the right mindset, gathering factual evidence, processing your emotions and acknowledging your own part in the problem
- Undertake difficult conversations more easily and sensitively
- Better handle emotional reactions during a difficult conversation.
Don’t delay. Persistent problems in your team or workplace won’t go away by themselves, and they may get even worse if they aren’t dealt with effectively.
Download the PDF Guide today for only $5.00 (AUD) and see the results you can achieve when you tackle the hard problems effectively and respectfully.
You and your team will thank you for it.
Note: you don’t need a Paypal account to purchase
About the Author: Ben Brearley is a leader, manager, MBA and former management consultant passionate about developing considerate, thoughtful and effective leaders. Ben has been leading teams for more than 10 years and has seen the best and worst of leadership. Ben’s drive to continually tailor and improve his leadership skills led to the creation of this guide.